Financially Strong - We're "A" (Excellent)
The MEMIC Group is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best and holds assets of more than a billion dollars. Our prudent financial management means you can trust us to meet our promises for the long term.
95% Policyholder Retention - Consistent Staying Power
Once policyholders choose MEMIC, they know they made the right choice. And they prove it by keeping their renewal business with us, year after year.
MEMIC’s safety programs and claim management programs lend themselves well to fixed location exposures. Our underwriting approach is to maximize our service strengths, therefore we focus on industry groups such as:
- Manufacturing: machine shops, food products, plastic products
- Healthcare: skilled nursing homes, assisted living, hospitals, physician’s offices and clinics
- Hospitality: hotels (franchise and independent), restaurants, resorts and clubs, country clubs
- Education: private K-12 schools and colleges
- Retail: grocery stores, large retail, small business with multiple franchise locations
- Professional and Financial Services: attorney offices, banks and credit unions, consultants
Nationally Licensed Carrier
MEMIC is able to write workers’ compensation insurance in every non-monopolistic state plus D.C. Already among the top 5 workers’ comp insurers in New England, The MEMIC Group is growing fast. For each of the last three years the company has grown annually by 30% in its targeted growth areas along the Eastern Seaboard to Florida.
Commitment to Service - We Deliver on Promise
- Claim Management: Our brand of compassionate claim management helps get workers well and back to work quickly. Your dedicated claim handler will help you, your worker and the medical providers to work together to create a good outcome for all.
- Safety Expertise: Since our very beginning, MEMIC’s team of experienced safety management specialists have been in the field, helping policyholders understand and mitigate the risks in their workplace. These industry-specific experts bring decades of experience to their job at MEMIC and help customers develop practical solutions that will put best practices to work for them and their employees.
- President and CEO
More than 20,000
- 2017 written premium
- Commercial market rank in Maine in 2017: 1
- Rank in Northern New England in 2017: 1
- Dividend in Maine in 2018
- Dividends and capital return to policyholders since 1998
West Conshohocken, PA
Tysons Corner, VA