Eight Employers Earn the MEMIC Award for Safety Excellence
(Portland, ME) –The MEMIC Group, workers’ compensation insurance specialists, has announced their eight 2020 Safety Excellence award winners. The employers nominated by the loss control staff of MEMIC are considered among the best of more than 22,000 policyholders insured by the company.
The awards recognize organizations that have made workforce safety part of their culture and that have demonstrated ongoing education and employee involvement to prevent on-the-job injuries.
The MEMIC Group annually reviews the work of policyholders to recognize distinction in workforce safety. Participation in safety workshops, on-site training, pre-project safety planning, ergonomic assessments, and material handling practices are just part of the foundation of award consideration. The MEMIC Awards were established in 1994 to celebrate what are considered best practices in protecting workers from injury.
According to Karl Siegfried, MEMIC’s Senior Vice President of Loss Control Services, “Each year we travel the entire country to serve our policyholders at their places of work. These eight employers and their employees have proven to be better than the majority of their competitors and, in our estimation, are worthy of this special recognition.”
The 2020 Safety Excellence recipients are:
- Bellhaven Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care, Brookhaven, NY (health care)
- Moore Painting, Inc, Brunswick, ME (contractors)
- Morning Star Residential Care Center, Oswego, NY (health care)
- Brewer South Freeport Marine & Strouts Point Wharf Company, South Freeport, ME (marine services)
- Billings Diesel & Marine, Inc., Stonington, ME (marine services)
- Livewell of Plantsville, CT (health care)
- Hercules Fluid Power Group, Clearwater, FL (manufacturing & distribution)
- Hissong Ready-Mix & Aggregates, Kennebunk, Maine (manufacturing & distribution)
The MEMIC Group includes MEMIC Indemnity Company, MEMIC Casualty Company, and parent company Maine Employers’ Mutual Insurance Company; all rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best. As a super-regional workers’ compensation specialty insurer, The MEMIC Group holds licenses to write workers’ compensation across the country. The group insures more than 20,000 employers and their estimated 300,000 employees. In addition to its headquarters in Portland, Maine, the group maintains offices in New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Florida. FMI: www.memic.com