10-Hr General Industry Workshop
This workshop provides training on the recognition and control of safety and health hazards found in the general industry workplace. (OSHA uses the term "general industry" for all industries outside of agriculture, construction or maritime.) Our instructors are authorized by OSHA and use their experience to ensure that the material covered is relevant to the participants, encouraging discussion and interaction.
This program is a must for supervisors, managers, safety directors, lead-persons and owners. This course emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention-while covering the following core topics:
• Introduction to OSHA
• Walking and working surfaces
• Electrical safety
• Hazard communication
• Exit routes, emergency action plans, fire prevention plans and fire protection
• Personal protective equipment
As a result of this two-day course, participants will be able to:
• Locate applicable 29 CFR 1910 regulations for safety concerns identified within the participant’s workplace.
• Access OSHA resources to answer specific OSHA compliance questions.
• Complete a site-specific OSHA Compliance Audit using a checklist with the ability to reference specific and applicable regulations.