Work at MEMIC
Senior Production Underwriter
Job Location: Virginia
Seeking Underwriter with workers' compensation and marketing experience. MEMIC, a national leader in workers' compensation and rated among the top-performing insurers in the country, seeks experienced senior underwriter with outstanding technical skills and also highly developed marketing skills with a record of building relationships. The MEMIC underwriting team builds lasting relationships with our independent agents that enhance our ability to be an industry leader.
This position is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity and growing new and renewal middle market workers’ compensation business by developing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with independent agents and brokers across a defined geographic region.
- Solicit, identify and evaluate performance and profitability of insurance submissions from independent agents and brokers within the assigned region.
- Responsible for underwriting and pricing accounts in accordance with MEMIC’s underwriting standards, personal underwriting judgment, and underwriting authority level.
- Gather and analyze market data and competitive information for new markets and new business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPCU or other industry designations strongly preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of technical underwriting experience in the property and casualty industry.
- Solid following of existing broker and agency relationships within the assigned geographic region.
- Highly developed marketing skills.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on approach.
- Expertise in new market development.
- Ability to travel extensively within defined region.
- Working knowledge of PC Applications, particularly Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to make timely decisions with appropriate information and consultation.
- Independently exhibit initiative with strong focus on results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Specializing in workers' compensation insurance, The MEMIC Group insures nearly 20,000 employers and their estimated 200,000 employees. Based in the Northeast, MEMIC is the leading workers' compensation insurer in Maine through Maine Employers Mutual Insurance Company which is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. The company has a growing presence down the Eastern Seaboard with offices in Manchester, NH; Glastonbury, CT; Albany, NY; Weehawken, NJ; West Conshohocken, PA and Tampa, FL. In 2013, the company will open an office in Tysons Corner, VA. The MEMIC Group is licensed to write workers' compensation in 46 states plus the District of Columbia.
In 2012, The MEMIC Group wrote more than $200 million in premium across its underwriting territory. The group grew its 2012 premium by 11 percent overall and by nearly 30 percent in its targeted growth territories.
Apply online or send an e-mail to email@example.com. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.