Work at MEMIC
Senior Production Underwriter
Job Location: Virginia
This position is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity and growing new and renewal middle market workers’ compensation business by developing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with independent agents and brokers across a defined geographic region.
• Solicit, identify and evaluate performance and profitability of insurance submissions from independent agents and brokers within the assigned region.
• Responsible for underwriting and pricing accounts in accordance with MEMIC’s underwriting standards, personal underwriting judgment, and underwriting authority level.
• Gather and analyze market data and competitive information for new markets and new business relationships.
• Bachelors degree.
• CPCU or other industry designations strongly preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of technical underwriting experience in the property and casualty industry.
• Solid following of existing broker and agency relationships within the assigned geographic region.
• Highly developed marketing skills.
• Entreprenurial and hands-on approach.
• Expertise in new market development.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Independently exhibit initiative with a strong focus on results.
• Ability to make timely decisions with appropriate information and consultation.
• Working knowledge of PC applications, particularly Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, Word.
• Ability to travel extensively within defined region.
Apply online or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.