Work at MEMIC
Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Location: Portland, ME
The Regulatory Compliance Analyst’s primary responsibilities include drafting filings, communicating with internal business partners, corresponding with state regulators as part of the filing process and testing the policy administration system for accuracy. The Regulatory Compliance Analyst ensures that accurate rate, rule and form filings are submitted to the applicable states within the timeframes established in order to ensure the success of the Underwriting Team’s production goals.
- Researches, interprets and communicates new and existing regulatory requirements to business partners in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepares and submits rate, rule and form filings to regulatory agencies for approvals.
- Responds to state objections and involves actuarial assistance as necessary.
- Monitors all assigned states for changes in rates, rules and forms and takes appropriate action to satisfy filing requirements.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of compliance issues across all business areas.
- Coordinates rate, rule and form changes with all functional areas to ensure the integrity of the company policy administration system(s) and tests the policy administration systems for accuracy.
- Maintains a database for all filing activity in assigned states.
- Fosters business relationships with Underwriters and other staff regarding the status of filing activity and changes to the policy administration system.
- Leads special projects when assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in insurance fields, specifically workers’ compensation insurance rules and concepts is desired.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize conflicting responsibilities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to analyze regulatory changes, develop appropriate action plan and make independent decisions.
- Must have excellent analytical, reading, comprehension and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word, is a must.
- Prior experience with SERFF preferred.
- Effectively communicates using written, verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent information gathering skills and the ability to convert and summarize research data for others a must.
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing email@example.com
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.