Work at MEMIC
Manager, Training and Development
Location: Manchester, NH
The Manager, Training and Development is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the training and development activities of staff within the Claim Department. The Manager, Training and Development identifies individual and group training needs and administers plans, procedures and programs to meet training needs; and, the incumbent subsequently evaluates their effectiveness.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and monitors training programs within the Claim Department in order to increase individual and organizational performance, employee morale and enhance employee skills.
- Assists with onboarding and training of new employees, ensuring basic skills and knowledge are imparted.
- Supervises technical training for staff; conducts performance reviews of department Claim Trainers and Training Assistants.
- Oversees development of training materials, including multimedia visual aids and presentations, testing and evaluation processes.
- Works with Regional Claim Manager to craft individual training plans for specific employees, and asseses progress when warranted.
- Determines appropriateness of utilizing outside vendors to accomplish organizational training goals and objectives.
- Analyzes training program effectiveness and submits reports and recommendations to management.
- Manages and provides guidance and direction to direct reports which includes: supervision of work, training and personnel functions.
- Provides leadership through effective communications, motivation, coaching, innovation and goal setting to achieve superior customer service.
- Responsible for the selection, orientation, development, training and performance management of direct reports.
- Implements and sustains subsequent learning strategies and objectives. Develops training modules to help advance staff.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree with three to five years of direct training experience.
- Insurance or similar industry training experience required, or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Experience must include successful development of customized in-house training programs for new and current employees.
- Management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with external training vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong leadership and supervisory experience (team leader role) is a must.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented with strong time management skills.
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.