Work at MEMIC
Location: Portland, ME
The Litigation Assistant is responsible for assisting the defense attorneys through the entire litigation process. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: preparation and filing of state documents, indexing of paper medical records, constructing paper files, answering phones, sorting mail, scheduling depositions, and collecting information from employers.
- Sets up and organizes files for litigation, indexes medical reports, enters appearances, and files paperwork on behalf of the defense attorneys.
- Processes mail on behalf of the defense attorneys.
- Maintains and updates legal periodicals.
- Maintains defense attorneys' schedules.
- Completes charge backs for defense attorneys.
- Assists Defense Attorneys with the telephonic communications with doctor’s offices, outside attorneys and Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Assists defense attorneys with written communications to doctor’s offices, attorneys and Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Assists in the development of litigation project programs, practices, and protocols.
- Interacts with State and Federal Boards and Commissions, as appropriate.
How to Apply:
- Associate's Degree with one to two years’ experience working in a legal environment or an equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to type with speed and accuracy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint a plus.
- Must have excellent grammatical as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Apply by emailing resume to email@example.com
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.