Work at MEMIC
Human Resources Associate
Location: Portland, ME
The Human Resources Associate provides support to the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department as well as assists in the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs which include but is not limited to: safety and wellness, benefits, compensation, and Human Resource Management Systems.
- Provides staff with benefit overview, reviews forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third party administrator. Inputs benefit information into HR system.
- Schedules, conducts and updates New Hire Orientation.
- Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals before entering and files in personnel file.
- Prepares new hire and termination paperwork for Information Technology Department.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal guidelines regarding leave of absences and ensures all documentation is accurate, timely and communicates with employee regarding return to work.
- Conducts annual wage surveys.
- Oversees employee safety and wellness which includes ergonomic evaluations, filing First Reports of Injury, coordinating medical evaluations, reviewing injuries and coordinating transitional work assignments and wellness events.
- Processes payroll in absence of Payroll Administrator.
- Assists with the MEMIC Edge Customer Service Line.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years' Human Resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving skills a must.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned work, interpret data, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, while working under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills both on the phone and in person.
- Excellent written communication skills to include grammar, spelling and accuracy.
Email your resume to email@example.com
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.