Work at MEMIC
Healthcare Safety Consultant
Location: Queens, NY
MEMIC is seeking a healthcare safety consultant with expertise in ergonomics, specifically with safe patient handling. If you enjoy teaching, mentoring and motivating others in making their workplace and patients safer, this might be the opportunity for you! Our Healthcare Safety Consultants partner with our policyholders to identify, assess and evaluate health and safety exposures in their workplace. They work together in educating and training staff to help mitigate these risks for happier and safer employees.
- Make appointments and set a schedule, conduct physical field assessments and consultation for initial and prospective customers.
- Conduct training on a variety of ergonomic and safety topics including proper use of safe patient handling equipment.
- Document exposures and their control or lack thereof, providing appropriate action steps needed to improve the risk. Reports are provided to agents, customers and internal users.
- Follow-up on action plans through revisits for the consultation and training process and building strong business partnerships.
- Build positive relationships with customers, agents and internal departments such as Claims and Underwriting through clear written and oral communications.
- Adhere to Department, Company Performance Standards, and ANSI/IACET standards.
How to Apply:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Physical/Occupational Therapy, Human Factors/Ergonomics, Safety Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Experience with safe patient handling program and healthcare ergonomics required.
- Specialized training and/or experience in utilizing safe patient handling equipment.
- Experience with loss control consulting in healthcare, hospitality and education is a plus.
- A proven track record of effective performance in the field of specialization is critical to the success of the consultant and the customer.
- Designations relevant to the field of specialization are preferred and strongly encouraged; i.e., CSPHP, CSP, COHN, MS Degree in specialty, etc.
Apply by sending
resume to email@example.com
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.