Work at MEMIC
AS/400 Application Developer
Location: Portland, ME
The AS/400 Application Developer designs, builds, and maintains business applications and support functions based upon identified business requirements.
- Modifies or creates programs based on the requesting business unit’s requirements. Programs include interactive programs requiring user interfaces and batch programs producing report or data output.
- Thoroughly tests software changes to assure that the changes meet the business requirements and quality standards.
- Interacts effectively with the business users and internal IT team members.
- Continues to improve technical skills by learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Provides technical support for activities such as training and acceptance testing.
- Provides systems production support during business hours and during nightly processing.
- Acquires knowledge about the business processes of each of MEMIC’S business units.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in Computer Sciences with three to five years' experience in the field or equivalent education and experience.
- This position requires: Strong knowledge of COBOL, experience programming on the AS/400 desired and Microsoft Office Suite- knowledge of RPG.
- Excellent documentation skills a must.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be self-directed with strong time management skills.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call us at 1-800-660-1306.